1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Special Bolts

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by pet9782, Jul 28, 2016.

1. pet9782

pet9782 Junior Member

Does anyone on here have a trick to REMOVE the special bolts from the frame?

My dad is trading in his 05 Ram 2500 for a 16 2500. I know we have to get a new mounting carton for the new truck that will have new bolts, but I was hoping to save all the bolts for resale of the 05's brackets. They were all painted last summer and the center clevis bolts were replaced.

All of the nuts spun right off and I didn't even need the torch. Too bad the manifold bolts, cooler lines, and oil pan aren't in the same condition.

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

Just heat them up till there red, run the nuts off with an air gun. If that doesn't work. They make new ones.

3. pet9782

pet9782 Junior Member

Thanks for the Reply.

The braces are off, taking the nuts off was no problem at all they backed right off. I was wondering if there is a secret to removing the special bolts from the frame of the truck.

4. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

When I picked up my used plow it was on a 99 ram since 2000. They had to cut most of the bolts off. Can't really use that however since they didn't heat, spray, or so anything to try and help them off. I just ordered new onea and they look like regular threaded bolts. I haven't received them yet though, so I don't know for sure.

5. Randall Ave

Are you asking about the special bolt, that's kinda like a T? Or is it a thru bolt and spacer? In reality, the guy should get new hardware. I never use the old nuts/bolts.

6. pet9782

pet9782 Junior Member

Yes the T bolts that Meyer has that hook into the frame. I didn't know if someone has figured out a way to remove them.

The center the clevis bolts were new a year ago when I had it blasted and painted. I didn't touch the rear support braces that have the special bolts that hold them to the frame so they have been there since 2005. They backed right, off didn't even need heat. It's amazing what water proof grease on the threads does.

7. Randall Ave

Look, if they got in there, they will come out. Is the hole elongated? If not they fished them in thru another hole.

8. Randall Ave

Look, if they got in there, they will come out. Is the hole elongated? If not they fished them in thru another hole.

9. plowsteve

plowsteve Junior Member

+1
    Some installations require a little "persuasion" to get them in, but a pry bar should get them back out