1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer solenoid bolt

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nofearpi, Dec 8, 2003.

1. nofearpi

nofearpi Junior Member

i did a search don't flame me.. i broke off the bolt to the solenoid deal with the green wire. now what do i do. also i replaced the bottom coupler on the plow and it is still leaking, could the end from the hose going into the coupler be bad?

please help
  2. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

If I understand you, you'll have to replace the valve and you might as well replace the solenoid as well. Yes the female coupler is probably bad.
  3. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Did you use pipe sealant on the threads?
  4. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

We have 1 old Meyer left in the fleet. We have broken the stud off the top of one of the cartridge valves a while ago, can't remember how long ago. Just slide the coil back over the valve, it will still work.

We always replaced the couplers as a pair, both the male and female.
  5. nofearpi

nofearpi Junior Member

you mean it will, still work with the broken nut on the top?
  6. slowpoke

slowpoke Member

Yup, just use some duct tape or other good stuff to hold it in place. As long as the magnet in the solenoid is good it will work fine.

Been there, done that, got the **** Shirt