1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer snowplow mount

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by guff72, Nov 12, 2001.

1. guff72

guff72 Junior Member
    from kansas

i am trying to mount a meyer st90 off of a 89 dodge on too my 97 dodge truck, i was hopeing to find some used mounts.would appreciate any help i can get.

thanks in advance.
  2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Any competent welding/fabricating shop should be able to modify the mounts to work on your newer truck, but before you spend the $$$ on that - have you looked into the proper mounts (new) for your '97 from a dealer?
  3. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

The plow itself is different from the 89 to the 97.

It's only the A frame and you'll need to shorten it. That's the good news 'cause a new A frame is $200. (sounds like you're budgeting tight.)

A welding shop (or yourself) should be able to handle the shortening process, just measure a new one so you know by how much. (I think it's like 5-6" or so.)
  4. guff72

guff72 Junior Member
    from kansas

i checked on new mounts for the plow on my truck and it would cost around $600 dollars , because they say i need a new pump mount and undercarriage brackets, may have to build my own for that price. thanks for the input guys, i appreciate all the info i can get.

thanks guff72
  5. johngus

johngus Senior Member

Last year I put a plow from an 89 to my 97,The only thing I neede was the undercarriage and headlite harnesses.Total was about $450.I did have the new style mount though,what system do you have?
  6. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

88-98 Chev are same
    73-93 Dodge are same (91-93 grille out farther)
  7. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Look around for a used mount. Junkyards and Clssifieds are a good start.
  8. guff72

guff72 Junior Member
    from kansas

i have a very old plow mount, it is not the new system, that is why i would have to buy all the mounts. will probably end up just building my own.
    thanks for the input.
  9. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

That is why the parts are so much. I am not sure Meyer even made a old style mount for a 97 vehicle. Everything was pull off by then. Probably be easier in the long run to locate the whole plow frame for the 97 then adapt the blade to it.
  10. DJN

DJN Junior Member

I have a meyer conventional system for a 1992 dodge 150, I would like to trade it for a western conventional mount anyone know of one available?
  11. MSC

MSC Member

If you can do a little fabricating, you can make your own.
    I picked up a Western unimount undercarriage, had a Myers conventional mount setup from a Ford, and a Pathfinder blade. It has worked fine for the past two seasons. I built it so I can either pull just the blade or the whole setup depending on which pins I pull out.