1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer snow plow wiring HELP!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by fordtruck661, Sep 6, 2011.

1. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

Hi looking at buying a Meyer plow but I need to know if the wiring off of a 2002 F350 will work on a 2000 F250? Also is the wiring for a C-8 the same for the C-9?

Thanks

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

yes, and yes.

3. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

4. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i don't know anything about the MDII mounting system, but i would assume it is like any other Meters mount in that the truck side is one piece vehicle specific, and the plow side of the mount is universal.
    with that in mind, if i were you i would call a meyers dealer and ask if my assumption is correct.
    either way you will need at least a truck side mount for the ford.

5. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

The center clevis is the most important part of the plow mount, as long as you have that the rest is not really bad. The ford mount require 2 cartons, the mount it's self and the center clevis, you should be able to sell the Chevy mount and then buy a used ford mount.I have done this several times and it is pretty straight forward.