1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer snow plow lighting

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Fuzz85, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Fuzz85

Fuzz85 Junior Member

I have a Meyer snow plow. The plow and truck are from 2002. I have marker lights and turn signals on the plow lights but I can not get the headlights to work. I have power and when I switch the toggle switch nothing happens. No matter what I do I still only have the truck head lights. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have the Night Saber or Truck-Lite style plow lights with the yellow/black under hood control modules? If so, check the wires on the rear of the light switch...one should have an inline fuse holder in it. Be sure it's getting power through the fuse holder and up to the switch while the ignition is on. If it's all good there, follow the orange wire out from the switch that heads out to the underhood light modules checking it for damage or disconnection.

3. Fuzz85

Fuzz85 Junior Member

I have the night Sabar light. Al of teh wires, connection, and fuses are good. I have powere every where. I just find it hard to believe that both Modules went at the same time. I got the truck last year from a dealer and everythin was put on by the origional owner 6 years ago. I am bidding on Mudules on ebay as we speak. I will se if that hels when I get them.

Thanks

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So you disconnected the plugs at the modules and checked them for power and ground right at the modules? You can also check the continuity through the modules as well with a DVOM.

I would say it is rather uncommon to lose both modules at the same time...but then again their not very durable either. A poor ground or surge will wipe them out...

5. Fuzz85

Fuzz85 Junior Member

I did check both of them. Then again I bought the truck used and they have not worked since I have owned the truck so I do not know if they went at the same time or not. I just purchesed 2 modules on ebay so I will try that.

Thaks