1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer snow plow for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Bossman 92, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I just got home from the beer drive thru, when I went to pull out there was a guy standing there asking if I wanted to buy a plow. We went and looked at it, and if I ran meyer plows I would buy it. The plow is an 8' steel blade, in good condition, with what looks like a new cutting edge. It has both angleing shocks (look to be in good condition), and hydro lines. The truck was totaled, without the plow on, so there is nothing else. I think it would make a great back-up plow for someone, or if someone wants to start out cheap this would work.

Let me know if you are interested, Bossman

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I would be interested in the 8 footer. I could use a bump in the size

3. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Was it a classic mount, where the light hoop stays on the truck?

4. Bossman 92

About the light hoop, the plow frame has a chain on it, I don't know what that means.

Bossman

5. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Classic mount. How much is he asking for it?

6. Bossman 92

What's it worth??

7. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

How can I say without seeing it?

8. Bossman 92

He is asking $500, I told him I figured that was too much, what do you think?

Bossman

9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I will give him 250-300 for it. Is it local to lake county?

10. ffchick29

ffchick29 Junior Member
    from PA

meyer plow

did he have a truck mount with the plow and what type of pump. i would do 500.00

11. Bossman 92

It does not have a truck mount or the pump. Both were on the truck when it was totaled. It also has a snow deflector on it. I will try to get some pics this weekend, but I can't promise I have a ton of other things to do.

Bossman