1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer snow plow, easy install and removal?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by NYDodgeRam97, Mar 28, 2005.

1. NYDodgeRam97

NYDodgeRam97 Junior Member

Looking to purchase a meyer snow plow complete package off a 97 1500, and putting it on my 97 1500. The meyer system is fairly new, and uses pins to connect, I am unfamiliar with plow install, how much should a mechanic charge to install a meyer plow system on a 97 1500? thanks for any input.

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Around here it's $300 - $450 depending on the shop.

3. kgb

kgb Member
    from nj

I You are handy and have Meyers directions, should take 2 hrs tops. This is what took me the first time. Go to LOWES if you need bolts, they have 8 grade.
    Have fun or pay..............I would rather spend them on beer.................. :drinkup:

4. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

you will need to enlarge and drill several holes in the frame
    i have directions from when i install on on my 98 ram 2500
    i can fax it to you btw plan on a whole day

john

5. kgb

kgb Member
    from nj

My '96 2500 was pre-drilled from factory I had no problem so as firewall had a spare rubber plug, just had to get through with a knife. The only other hall I hade to make is in dash for the lights swich . Floor jack was handy to hold the frame. I guess if Yours is not pre-drilled, then You'll have to spend some time......Be carefull with one bolt-looks like "t", You should get that one from Myers- it linesup on the welded spot of the frame, don't make it weak.
    Have fun!