1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Slik Stik to control a Western

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MarkEagleUSA, Aug 24, 2012.

1. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

I've been given a brand new Meyer Slik Stik controller. After some searching here and in the Meyer forum, I can't find a definitive answer on whether it can be used to control a Western plow. I remembered seeing something posted by B&B that included a picture, but that was over in the Meyer forum and pertained to Meyer wiring.

I did check some Meyer reference materials for wiring and pin-outs but can't tell for sure if it can or will work. If not, I'll probably throw it up on eBay and see if I can make a few bucks off it.

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

I don't think that's going to work. for starters the slick stick has 7 terminals and the western straight plow control has 6 wires. Plus they use the coils completely differently. For instance to go left on a Western you activate the 3-way and 4-way cartridge, and on the Meyer E47 you don't activate any coils to go left.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It would require building a harness and IMO really isn't worth the hassle.

4. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

That's what I thought. I'll probably just get rid of it.