1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Setup on a 2006 F-350 Superduty Diesel

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by VictorianFarms, Jan 20, 2012.

1. VictorianFarms

VictorianFarms Junior Member

Hello:
    I have been plowing for years and my truck caught fire and burned last week shutting me down. It was a 03 F-350 6.0 liter diesel. Anyway, I purchased a beautiful 2006 Dually with 40,000 miles 2 days ago to replace it. I found a almost like new Meyer C-8.5 setup with E-60 pump and harness and truck mount which says " will fit 1999 and newer trucks" I guess this plow was built in 2002 which I didnt realize. I believe the truck mount will work on all superduty's up until 2007 but was told the tubular style hoop will not fit because of bumper clearance problems. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this plow to fit other than removing front bumper? Maybe weld extentions to the tube? Sure appreciate some feedback. I should of done more research before purchasing the complete setup (paid$1600.00) thnx, David

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Don't think bumper clearance is the issue. In either 04 or 05 Ford switched from leaf springs to coil springs on the front. I could be wrong here but finding a classic mount for that new of a truck may be difficult. Then again that mount may fit your 06. But for bumper clearance, I am pretty sure you can put a 02 bumper on a 06. I know a few that have swapped the grill and headlights from 06 style to their 02 and older.