1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Sector...broken!?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by KSlandscaper, Jan 27, 2007.

1. KSlandscaper

KSlandscaper Member
    from Kansas

:dizzy: Was plowing in the last storm. Got a call from another company. Their plow broke while on their first gig. They needed spare parts. I arrived later with them (why they don't carry spare parts is unknown to me). Come to find out they had much more serious issues than they knew about - it couldn't get fixed that same day. Well, this was a church lot, it had to be done by a certain time. I said I could finish plowing it since they got the bulk of it done.

A while later MY plow breaks as well! Holy @*#@(%$ crap! All I saw as the plow disappear from my eyes while I was plowing!! I got out and looked. A pin tube(?) just tore right off of the sector.

Fun times I tell ya. I just rebuilt the plow and figured I addressed all concerns. Who woulda thought? Well, I ordered a new one and it's on the way.

Anyhow, since their plow is the same as mine, I just took their moldboard and sector and bolted it up to my aframe and cylinders. It was a VERY busy day since we had to work together to get everything done.

Thought I'd share my Meyer nightmare story. I'm seriously considering my next plow NOT being a Meyer.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  2. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

What model number of Meyer are you using???

3. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

I have a slightly lifted (8") F-350 crewcab longbed that i use to plow with and had to make a lowered A-frame mount for about 6 years ago. Before the final version (the one i got right i guess) i was plowing in a lot and i saw the plow disappear and noticed i was looking at the tops of the trees. I broke the lift chain and folded the plow up under my front axle. That was probably the biggest oops i've had except for crushing two hitch hauls with my fert spreader on them. (for spreading salt by hand).

4. KSlandscaper

KSlandscaper Member
    from Kansas

ST-90

I understand it's a 'standard duty' plow, but regardless, it shouldn't have just broken the way it did.

[​IMG]

5. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

You're right it shouldn't have broken(maybe an inferior friday afternoon weld job). I have an old ST-90 that has taken a pounding since 1970, and has yet to let me down. Still you are plowing commercially, and that calls for a Meyer C-model, or another brand with some beef to it. Get something with a trip edge instead of a full trip blade.