1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Sabre Light wire colors needed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plowbie, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Plowbie

Plowbie Member

I put my used meyer on but never got the lights to work on it.
    It came off an '01 F150 and mine is a '97. I would think the adapters would be the same, they seemed to fit fine. But I couldnt get the lights to turn on. Maybe I miswired them or maybe the controlling modules are shot, not sure. I have no way of knowing they were actually functioning on the previous vehicle.

I think I'm just gonna wire them directly instead if thats possible but just realized they have high beams right? Is there any way to wire them to activate high and low beams? The last time I did lights was about 15 years ago. Also, I'm assuming I need a relay because I cant have that much power going through the switch itself right?

I see the following colored wires coming off the lights if anyone can identify them. Also if anyone has advice on the wiring I'd appreciate it.
    red
    white
    blue
    green
    yellow
    black

thanks