1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer reliability experience

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by RamPainting LLC, Mar 17, 2011.

1. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

I bought a Used 2006 C-8 with a E-58H pump this summer for $1,200.00, to date we have seen over 300" of snow this winter in my county in Colorado, plowing an average of 7-9 storms per month since October 23rd. All I did was change the hoses and flush the old hydraulic fluid early in the season, bought some wings and a pump cover. I know a lot of people hate Meyer's products! but I guess if you treat your equipment well, it will take care of you.

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

that is the trick, to treat it well. keep clean oil in it, wash it after each plowing, and clean, paint, wax or oil everything at the end of the season before putting it away for the summer.

3. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

I run all Meyer and have good luck with them. The only thing I would not use a pump cover. Once water gets in there it will freeze up your pump.

4. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

agreed. the first thing i do with a pump cover is throw it in the garbage can as soon as i get home with it.

5. NickT

NickT Senior Member

My Meyer E 60 is great money maker. I take care of it and it takes care of me. What year did the E 60 come out?

6. alpine627

alpine627 Junior Member

I am surrounded by red where I live and went with Lot Pro with wings and love it
    plows so fast I am amazed. I also have a MDll poly I bought use 3 years ago
    I have not done a thing to it and always works, no issues. Have not even changed the fluid.
    That is why I bought an new Meyer and will again.

7. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

:nono:

Change the fluid at the start of each season. It's called preventative maintenance.

8. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Not that i use mine nearly as hard as the rest of you, but i have an st 7.5 with an E47 and only minor problems in the two years ive had it.