1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Refurb.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Storm1, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Storm1

Storm1 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Hey guys just found this site and looking for some info. I'm in the middle of refurbing a 7.5' meyer blade, will be 8'2" when completed and 4" taller. I found an 8' poly skin on ebay. Can anyone send me a pic of how they mount to the moldboard frame? Just curious to see how many brackets I would have to add to make it work. I'm not sure if I will go with the poly but at this point it seems like a good option.

Thanks in advance,
    Jason

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

there a thread in the pictures fourm started about 2 weeks ago

3. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

4. Storm1

Storm1 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks, I would appreciate it. I've messed with quite a few plows, but never had any poly.

5. fernalddude

Ok this is what i did was go to cpw web site and get the drawings then you got a idea on what you need to fab I changed a 7.5 poly from f-250 to fit on my small b2' s here is the link http://www.centralparts.com/Literature-Meyer-18.aspx
    give me some more info what is this going on i had to cut mine down so the rig would get air flow to cool down

6. Storm1

Storm1 Junior Member
    from Ohio

The plow is on a 94 Dodge Dually. The way it looks from the diagrams you posted, the conversion shouldn't be a problem. I have to replace the bottom angle iron anyway so I can cheat it a little if I need to. The poly also uses a separate angle iron to hold the snow deflector which is a plus also.

7. fernalddude

OK hope this helps

poly 1.JPG

poly 2.JPG

poly 3.JPG

poly 4.JPG

8. Storm1

Storm1 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks for the pics & info, the way it looks now I'm going to use the poly skin and keep it at 8' for now.

9. fernalddude

bigger is better LOL....