1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer question has well

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Pickering snow removal, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

I to just discovered this site about three days ago and i really enjoy the site and the group my question if it is a repeat please bear with me til i figure the site out i have only one meyer in my fleet and when cold it lifts very hard the first time once you get it up operates normal after that last season the motor went the bolts broke off and the two spares were broke has well after pricing the pump assem and a new motor i opted to by a complete e-47 unit from meyer brand new not reconed so everthing is new iam using the blue low temo oil has well so iam kinda at a loss here is this just how a meyer is i dont want to offend any big meyer users out here but it was on the truck when i bought it otherwise scroll down you can see my loyality to western anyway any input would be greatly app

regards fred

2. KentuckyPlow

KentuckyPlow Member

Fred,
    Your post is a little hard to read and understand with no puctuation. If you want answers, you should make it a little easier for everyone to read your questions.
    No offense intended.

3. cthom

cthom Junior Member
    from MO

welcome to the site fred. I have a new meyer with the e-47 pump, I have never noticed if it lifts hard or not. It could just be normal. But i will check it out the next time i put it on. I hope some of the other guys that use meyer can help.:nono:

4. UHLGS

UHLGS Junior Member

meyer problem

We run a Meyers 7.5 on an F250 w/the 302 engine, have been for the last 6 or 7 years. I've noticed that the electical system has to recover form the initial engine start, heater warm up, etc., before we get a good strong lift action on the plow. Other than that, we haven't had any problems with it.

1987 Ford F250 7.5 Meyers
    1985 Dodge D350 9.2 Meyers
    1989 Dodge W350 9.2 Meyers
    New Holland Ls180

5. The_Burning_Rom

The_Burning_Rom Member

I also have an E-47 pump on my truck. It's about 12 years old, and I haven't noticed that it lifts hard. All my problems are in angling...go figure. :(

6. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

Check the screens (two bolts next to the drain in front) and see if they are ok.

7. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Sounds like something seriously wrong w/ the pump unit itself. I just traded off a meyer plow this summer (went w/ truck when it was traded). Any how, it was a c-8 w/ an E60 pump on it. Never had any problem like U mentioned. Other problems though where more like pump always drawing moisture from someplace, bad lift solenoids, bad controller pad, and the bugger never did "roll" the snow as well as my Westerns do. I ran the plow for 3 seasons, Now I have a Western MVP.

8. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

No offense Sno4u but this thread is 2 years old.

William