1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer pump quality

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cat320, Jan 21, 2003.

1. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I just ordered a new pump from central parts warehouse an E-47H and when it came it looked like it was dragged on the ground.This was a new unit.Any way when i opened the box that already had a hole in it i say the pump loose inside .Great packing job:rolleyes: The I noticed that one of the hosese was worn down to the braiding it had been droped the wires are flat as a pancake and the top seal was painted, very nice.The paint job for something that comes from a professtional place like Meyer you would think that it would be better.Now i call them up at cpw and they say that unit was the last one they had meyer is comeing out with an E-57 unit more power and more money .So I just opted to upgrade to the bigger E-60 model for less money the rep from diamond said every thing will be the same except for the motor inself.I sent the motor back better packed than when i got it what a laugh :confused:
  2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Make sure you get the E 60 H or E 47 H. The E 60 and standard E 47, do not have a high enough lift piston for a Diamond plow.

3. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

same thing here

cat hey same thing here if you read my post, e-47 problems i bought my e-47 from a meyer dealer mine was packed i foam however i too question the painting the ram seal my is leaking already about 6 runs on it plus the prblem that i have in my post

The problem is 875.00 for a unit that has more problems than the one i tookoff you were smart by sending it back the dealer wont exchange wants to try and fix it even though they say they have never heard of this problem,

i hope Meyer does monitor this site cause they way this is being handled is to much like a gyspy coming threw town.

Want to give a example of good faith company Byer product!!!
    last year i bought a 600lb tailgate salter have had problems with the auger hitting the hopper called byer talked to chris he sent me a new motor, auger, NO Charge thats service

regards fred