1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer pump problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by RedChevyTk86, Feb 15, 2010.

1. RedChevyTk86

RedChevyTk86 Junior Member

Hello I am hoping that someone out there can help me. I have an E-47 pump that was working fine up until the time I decided that I was going to try to rebuild it! I figured I could do it myself rather than paying someone to do it for me and I am a mechanic so I tried. Whats going on is after the rebuild it became my backup pump since I put an E-60 on my truck well long story short I had to put it on another truck and the pump will raise and lower fine but will not angle left or right however the pump motor does run when you try to angle the blade left or right. I know that all the electrical conecctions are fine and hooked up correctly since the pump on that truck was working up until the time that it was hard angling right. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Carl.

2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If the motor does not run it is a electrical/control problem the activation of the motor has nothing to do with the hydraulics. it's all on the wiring/control. I would check my wires to see if they are all connected, is it toggle switch? If so check the wires at the switches.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Since the motor does run for the angle functions then it's either a mis-assembled crossover valve (if it sounds like its simply freewheeling). Or if it sounds like its dead heading against the pressure relief then it's either a pilot piston problem or bad couplers. Those are really the only things that will cause a loss of both angle directions.

5. RedChevyTk86

RedChevyTk86 Junior Member

Thanks for all of your help I haven't had a chance to get back on here but the crossover relief valve spring was left out when I rebuilt the pump due to the fact that it was broken and I didn't want to lose the rest of the parts to the crossover relief valve and never got around to ordering it and forgot all about it I feel kinda dumb now I guess its the simple things that matter the most! Thanks Carl.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Well then yes that would certainly fall under my "mis-assembled" category. :D We've all been there so you're certainly not alone. Nice easy fix. :drinkup: