1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer pump no pressure

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by BRANDON'S93, Jan 9, 2006.

1. BRANDON'S93

BRANDON'S93 Member

A friend of mine just got a meyer plow, I hooked it up to my truck which also has a meyer setup. It will not lift anything heavier than 150 pounds. What do you guys think the problem is? We separated the "manifold" block from the middle base section and the little ball fittings inside are all rusty is this a problem? We appreciate any help, never torn one apart before this one.
  2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

It prob needs to be torn down. Your best bet would be to take it in and have it done....Rob
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Get a pro to fix it, could be pump, could be packings, might be pressure relief.
    Take it to a pro, ask for a guesstimate, and request a call if the bill is going to exceed ?$.
  4. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

repair it

Hey if you go to cpw http://www.centralparts.com/Literature-Meyer-2.aspx you can see all the parts and rebuild it yourself and you will not have to wait for the repair shop to open. This helps when its 2am and snow is falling and you can run back to the shop and be back up and running .. If you did tear it down and found rust just a good cleaning will prob work sounds like a valve is bleading thru..
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2006
  5. BRANDON'S93

BRANDON'S93 Member

Thanks for the imput guys. I haven't had a chance to come on here. I cleaned it throughly and hoping for the best. It's suppose to snow tommorow and i'm not near ready. The joys of late nights wishing you were out there instead of watching. Wish me luck.
  6. BRANDON'S93

BRANDON'S93 Member

Just one quick question, are the ball bearings between the 3 major sections like check valves or something? Please help. I can't seem to get that program to download so I can't look at that literature.