1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer problems

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Richard Slayton, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Richard Slayton

Richard Slayton Junior Member

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have an E60 meyer plow and i believe my problem to be electrical. I have the older touch pad controller and when I push the buttons the lights turn off and the plow does nothing. I have checked all connections, grounds, etc. Is it possible the touch pad has gone pad. Thank you for your help.

Richard

2. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Could be. I had a similar problem a month or so ago when I re-attached my plow for the first time this year.

Seems that my touch pad shorted out sometime over the summer. So, I had to buy a new one. Now everything works fine. You should be able to take it to an installer and they'll be able to test everything for you.

My installer did the troubleshooting for free. But the touch pad was EXPENSIVE!!

3. Richard Slayton

Richard Slayton Junior Member

Thank you, Everything was fine last year and exactly first installation for the year and went bad.

4. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

Those touchpads do go bad apparently.
    Does the red warning light come on(next to where the float light comes on)? If so, mine does the same thing with a loose ground. I would double check connections and make sure the pump to frame ground is good (down behind the fill plug)