1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Mack4, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Mack4

Mack4 Junior Member

I have a meyer e60 pump. When i hit the controller solenoid clicks. But i can't get the piston to raise up. I hooked jumper cables to it, pump sounded like normal, beat on it with a hammer a couple times. Still no luck. Any one got any ideas? Thanks

2. stackmaster

stackmaster Senior Member

I know this sounds stupid but did you check the Hydro fluid level??

3. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

Try the search tool! B&B another member here can walk you through your problem. Send him a PM

4. Mack4

Mack4 Junior Member

I can't seem to find B&B. An yes there is fluid in the pump. any idea?

5. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

I'm on my phone. Ill link ya to one of his posts when I can get to my PC. Sounds like ground issue to me....

6. MSplowing

MSplowing Member
    from Indiana

You need to have some one in the truck to hit the controller while your next to the pump and see if you can hear the motor on the pump itsself. If the soleniod is just clicking and no pump movement odds are you have a bad solenoid. The best way is to try and angle the blade you will see the hydro lines move, if they do its not the solenoid, if not replace the solenoid.

7. MSplowing

MSplowing Member
    from Indiana

Some solenoids have to be grounded if not they will just click like that also

8. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I have the same setup, when you put the jumpers on the motor it worked, so you either got a a bad seal causing your pump not to build pressure or your pump isn't working. B&B can chirp as hes an expert, but if your in a pinch email me and I can email you a diagnostic sheet.

Check fluid, make sure filters aren't clogged basic stuff first. chrismorrison95@Hotmail.com

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Remove and clean ALL power cable connections between the pump motor and the battery terminals including those on the under hood solenoid and all grounds. It costs nothing but a little time and should be done periodically regardless as PM. If that doesn't address the issue replace the under hood solenoid. That will fix it.

Just be sure it's a solenoid intended for plow use, NOT a starter solenoid. :salute:

10. Mack4

Mack4 Junior Member

Thanks guys for all your help. I will try every thing you guys said to do an see what happens.

11. Mack4

Mack4 Junior Member

Well after listening to everyone's ideas. I took everything apart,cleaned everything you could clean, an repleaced solenoid under the hood. She now works better than ever. Fast,smooth,quite. Thanks again for everyone's ideas. Let it snow now.