1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer problem ...wont turn right after full lock to left.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by sixd8rs, Nov 9, 2014.

1. sixd8rs

sixd8rs Junior Member

I've purchased a used st 7.5 meyer plow. It has a E57h pump on it. The problem is, it Will go up and down and turns left and right. But if I take it to full lock to the left it will no longer turn right. The right side power ram then has a ton of pressure on it. Quick connect won't come off due to the pressure. I've done some extensive reading on the net. Way to many hours. I replaced the quick connects on the pump and hose to the pin type on that side only. There was no pressure on the other so I didn't change the other side. I have read about the c valve being a problem as well. But it must work because it will turn right. Just not after full lock to the left. Thought for sure it was the coupler. There was some play in the A frame center bolt. I welded it up and put a new bolt in it. I then read somewhere that the stop can wear on the sector and cause the ram to bind. So to eliminate that I put a 2x4 at the the stop and it still does it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. sixd8rs

sixd8rs Junior Member

I will also add...if I release the pressure from the hose. It will turn right again. Almost as if there's a relief or something in the pump that doesn't work?

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

if my c8 gets stuck i usually put the blade against a pole to help get it going

4. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

I had one do that and it was the couplers, change them all and see if that helps.

5. bigbricklayer

bigbricklayer Junior Member

I had that problem. Ended up being a bad angle switch.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Check crossover relief valve.

7. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

It is a swollen c valve.

It may "work", but this is classic for a swollen valve. The armature in the valve gets **** eyed with pressure that direction only, and cannot move to allow flow in the opposite direction.

Also, if the c valve is swollen, the crossover spring is likely worn out or even broken...replace it at the very least. YouTube for instructional video. Pm me if you need my number for a walk through, or need the pump gone through.

8. 1986Dodge

1986Dodge Junior Member

I have Meyers 7.5 47 pump that doesn't turn right the c coil has magnesium when u hit the switch I don't know anything about these plows never had one before so any help would help greatly

9. 1986Dodge

1986Dodge Junior Member

also want to add the left ram isn't releifing pressure

10. kimber750

Most likely C valve is trash. Try to pull the coil off, it should come right off. If it is difficult to get off the valve is shot.

11. sixd8rs

sixd8rs Junior Member

C valve was the problem.

12. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

I'm guessing the problem is that it is a Meyer!

13. kimber750

Yeah cause Fisher, Western, Boss, Western, Hiniker and all the other plows never break. So pour yourself another glass of your favorite kool aid and tell us how great your plow is. Thumbs Up

14. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Kool aid? I don't drink kool aid. I drink booze!

Thanks tho!

15. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

Someone obviously has spiked your booze with Kool aid.