1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Poly on Fisher Plow ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by robmtl, Dec 17, 2001.

1. robmtl

robmtl Junior Member

I have a new fisher quick mount which i love and have only used fisher. The thing is, i can be more efficient if i make the plow a little heavier. Here is what i was thinking, would it be possible to purchase just the poly part of the meyer plow(the actaul plastic plow) and bolt to the front of my fisher plow. this would also stop the wet snow from sticking to the front of my plow.
    What do you guys think.
  2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

contact mill supplly, I think they sell a replacement polyethylene moldbaord cover that is a lot less than a new skin from meyer.
  3. robmtl

robmtl Junior Member

Thanks allot plowking35
    the only thing is i live in canada.
    where is mills supply ?
  4. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I have heard that fitting a Poly board to a Meyer frame is difficult because it is hard to bend it in to fit. I am not sure if this would translate into bolting it to a Fisher blade. One cocern I have is that it would trap moisture between the steel and poly blades. This could cause the steel to rust out.
  6. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

You can take your plow to anywhere that applies spray on urethane truck bed linings (Rhino etc.) and have them spray on a light coating on the front of the moldboard before installing the poly cover. This will prevent rust between the moldboard and cover.

I think I'll have the rear of the moldboard sprayed on my next new plow.
  7. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

"The thing is, i can be more efficient if i make the plow a little heavier."
    I believe Fisher plows are about the heaviest out there? Putting a 1\4" plastic mold board isn't going to add much weight to your plow. If you are just trying to deal with the snow sticking problem, you could buy the real thin plastic Plow Shields available at most of the on line parts suppliers for around $50.00. When properly installed there isn't really a moisture problem between them & the steel, or to be sure, go with DaveK's idea.
  8. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

If it was me, I would get the brushable bed coatings, and save the money over the sprayed on ones.