1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Ploy Plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Moose's Mowing, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

I'm looking at a used Meyer Ploy plow set up for my 04 Chevy 2500HD. I like the idea of saving some weight and hopefully a little wear and tear on my truck. Will This plow hold up to commercial plowing. By Commercial, I mean plowing my regular mowing customers driveways. Not doing large parking lots, etc. I thought the poly plow was a commercial unit until today. I just read that it's more of a "residential" set up. Should I even waste my time considering this one?

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Is the plow a "C" series? If so, it is commercial grade...thus the C. If there are no stickers on the unit...how many springs does it have?
  3. jdknight75

jdknight75 Senior Member

I plowed with one for years in commercial parking lots, never had the first problem.
  4. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

You do know that polys are similar and sometimes heavier than steel Plows, right?
  5. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

Nope, didn't know that. Do now though :D
  6. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

If it is an ST model with Two Trip Springs it will try to fold over on you in a heavy snowfall. The extra bracing on the plow is the main difference and my poly holds up very well every year to heavy abuse.