1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Plows only goes left, no matter what button is pressed

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jkuc, Dec 23, 2010.

1. jkuc

jkuc Junior Member

Hey. im new to plows but work in a used car dealership. We often get plows in for servicing, but this one has us stumped. We have a Meyer's plow (not sure what motor) that only goes left, no matter what button is pressed. We replaced the c valve with no help. Also the wires from the controller to the solenoid were tested with no faults. Only the right solenoid is getting magnetized. Brand new pump and brand new controller. All the wires are run properly with no faults... any ideas??
  2. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

3. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Check all the couplers i just had the same problem with another Meyer plow, and after spending a bunch of money in parts it was a $10 coupler set. I bet B&B will be on soon, he can really help you.
  4. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

The A valve Will Cause This Just happened to me
  5. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

Have you tried another controller? Where this is brand new it sounds quite odd, maybe a bad controller.
  6. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Low fluid will cause that, if not A-Valve.
    Is it E-60, or E-47?
  7. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Start checking connections, especially grounds. Plow angle left is default(no solenoids powered). A weak ground with motor pulling high amps can keep solenoids from operating.
  8. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

Just want to throw this out there. My B coil (the one for lift on e47) wasnt magnetized on testing and my plow would only go left when trying to lift.

I'm new to this stuff too and could be totally in left field. :nod:
  9. Mahumba

Mahumba Junior Member

There are three wires at the quick connect portion of your harness. They are a smaller gauge than the main power and ground. Make sure these are plugged into each other correctly. Also make sure that they are into your switches properly. Any one of these wires that isn't making contact or plugged in wrong will default the plow to angle left.

If it isn't this then check your solenoids. As was mentioned they should be magnatized when in the on position.

I had the exact same problem you are having and it was a connection issue. Also make sure all of your connections are very clean. It's amazing how a little bit of corrosion will mess things up.

10. jkuc

jkuc Junior Member

turns out it was the b-valve. We tried a bunch of different controller but wouldnt get magnetism anywhere. so to test the controller we disconnected it from the valves and tried testing each wire. turns out you have to have the controller wires connected to read and power coming from it. we replaced the b-valve and it works just fine. thanks!
  11. DesMoines2500

DesMoines2500 Senior Member

This just happened to me and after trying everything else including new solenoids it turned out to be the controller wiring harness. I jammed it together real good with a little dielectric grease and it immediately started working everytime again!

I just bought this unit and knew nothing about it. I put in all new seals and a new a valve so it was really frustrating after this issue cropped up right after that. It seems like almost anything can cause this behavior!