1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer plows and more

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CT18fireman, Nov 30, 2001.

1. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Was down at Burquip truck today in Bedford Hills, NY.

Talked about a few things.
    Meyer
    New blades supposed to be out but cannot get yet.
    V-plow is back in the line. They have seen but not sold.

Fisher
    V-plows selling less this year
    MM2 are is snort supply.
    Same for the New Sanders

Western
    Is it me or can the inlfuence from Fisher be seen in the new design?

Just thought I would pass along my observations from a rainy day. Had fun and was able to pick up a few parts I needed.

2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I heard that Meyer had a new type of plow in the works for this year. However haven't sean any info on it.

Geoff

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

The new mount is Identical to Diamonds. from what I was told. THe Aggressor blades everyone talked about last year are finally going to be here.

Also I have noticed that evryone is going to dual chains now. Looks like Fisher had it right from the start.

4. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Diamond had dual chains before Meyer, and really has a better lift chain set up than Fisher. I don't think Fisher use a dual chain left system IMO.

Geoff

5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I agree that the Diamond system is better then the Fisher. Two hooks. The new Western is the same way. The chain lifting from both sides of the A-frame is more of what I meant. I think this is better then lifting from one point IMO.