1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Tuxx, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Tuxx

Tuxx Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

I took a couple of pics of a typical Meyer Commerical 8 1/2` poly plow 4 to 6 years old!
    Let us know if your poly looks like this!

21108 012.jpg

21108 013.jpg

21108 014.jpg

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Can't say that the first time I've seen a poly blade do that. Did it twist the horizontal angle bracket across the moldboard frame where it attaches to the vertical uprights? Thats usually where they bend when they do.

3. jjtmarineb2

jjtmarineb2 Member

Maybe it's my lack of knowledge and experience showing through, but what is wrong with it exactly? :salute:

4. Snow1

Snow1 Junior Member
    from 11021

Notice anything wrong with the attack angle? Not quite steep enough.

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I am willing to venture a guess at it. I would bet that either the sector is shot, or the stop tabs are gone. Either way that plow needs some work!!!!!!!

6. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I had a old ST that I bought that way. It was more of a scoop than a plow. Welded new stops on and changed the pins was all I had to do. Now with that one being a C series, it may be a different story.

7. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

All my ST's were that way. Just needed to fix the stops. Any plow made of metal can be fixed with enough wire :)

8. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

i also ventrue to say that ur truck side is messd up to thou look at the way its not plum. ur lift fram seem to be out away from the truck. which would pull the bottom were the A frame hooks upto close to the ground giving u the wrong pin height.

9. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

The sector and the pin pivots are shot the same thing with my poly. I welded new stops in and it helped for a while but the angle iron on the sector just keeps bending so this spring mine will get a new one.

10. Tuxx

Tuxx Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Here are a few more I took today.
    For starters the way Meyer plows are built,they all will crap out at the Attack angle at some point in time.
    But whats more of a problem is,with the way Meyer builds their poly`s they all seem to Lose their Moldboard Curve after awhile.
    I wish I had the pic from last year,it was a ST series that was almost flat.no curve to it.
    The C-8 pic is a 05 plow check out the difference in the curve.
    Also a ST plow

21208 005.jpg

21208 007.jpg

11. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

next time go with steeeeel....:jester::D

12. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Dan you have to much free time on your hands there my friend. :waving:

13. Tuxx

Tuxx Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Remember I have the full time job!

14. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I hear ya. So had a few nice days of snow to push and then that crap came last night.

15. Tuxx

Tuxx Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

This picture says it all!

2132008.jpg

16. Joneso8

Joneso8 Member

Thats hilarious. I'm not a fan of any meyer plow. I saw a poly meyer blade last year that was completely flat. It had no curve to it whatsoever.

17. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

The reason those blades are tipping back is the stops on the pivots sleeves are gone. That guy in the last pics was using it like a bull dozer.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  18. Tuxx

Tuxx Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Two things
    The tipping back is just a bad design from 50 year old technology.All their plows will lay back at some point in time.
    The polys that lose their curve are also from a bad design,bottomline!

19. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

even thou its a bad design people still buy them which y i guess meyer is still around. it tryd and true its hard work. i wouldnt wanna be snow plow

20. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I personally would never buy a meyer just for those reasons. All of the ones I have ever seen are cheap garbage. I guess they must be working for someone since they are still in business...