1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cbeard, Mar 25, 2007.

1. cbeard

cbeard Member

I just purchased a used Meyer snowplow. The plow itself doesn't have any model number on it due to the previous owner repainting the plow. It has 3 small springs that mount toward the upper part of the plow. The trip springs do not bolt to the upper lip of the plow and the springs are shorter than normal. Does anyone know what model this plow might be? I will try and post some pictures.
    Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Although you didn't say what the width of the blade was, the three extra short trip springs tells me that's it should be an STL-7.5. This is an extra lightweight plow that Meyer designed for certain trucks that can't carry standard weight plow. If you look, it should also have a 1/4 inch thick cutting edge rather than a 3/8 or 1/2 inch that the heavier plows use. Heres a small pic of one.......

steel_stl.jpg

3. cbeard

cbeard Member

That is what the plow looks like. Will the ST 7.5 hardware fit the blade? Like the cutting edge. And do you know how much weight difference there are between the ST 7.5 and the STL 7.5 blade. I also could use the mounting instructions for the plow carton if you have them available.
    Thanks

Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Most of the STL and the ST parts will interchange except for the trip springs (of course). Although the STL uses a cutting edge thats only 1/4 thick,you can use the 3/8 edge from the ST. The difference in weight between these two plows is only about 40-50 lbs but it is just enough to get them under the weight requirements of some truck manufactures. BTW what's the application for your mounting carton? I can help you with the installation instructions.

5. cbeard

cbeard Member

I have a 2000 Dodge Ram. I have 2 plows. The 1st one I bought used the older angle iron mounting. The second one has the classic mount. I started to install the carton this evening and I think it is going on the right way. Do the holes in the frame have to be drilled larger? There is also a 1/4 in space between the carton and frame. Is this a common thing to see?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What model is your Dodge? 1500,2500? If it's a 1500, is it a sport model as the mounts are application specific.

7. cbeard

cbeard Member

My Dodge is a 2500 ext cab long bed diesel

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ok, since you don't have enough posts yet in order to send/receive private messages, if you can post you email address I'll get the mounting instructions to you.

9. cbeard

cbeard Member

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Email sent:)