1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Toddppm, Sep 18, 2000.

1. Toddppm

Toddppm Member

Just got a 88 f250 w/a Meyers 7 1/2 plow. Put the plow on other day and it only would go to the left even when switching to the right? Up and down works fine. Now it's stuck all the way left. It's got an e47 pump. I have never wired one of these so don't know what to check. Any help?Thanks
  2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I am pretty sure its a bad valve assembly. To angle the blade to the left, all the pump has to do is move fluid, there is no valve. However to move the blade to the right, there is a valve that must open. It probably isn't your wiring just a bad valve.

3. Toddppm

Toddppm Member

How can i tell which one? Aren't there 2 on it? Are they marked, front or back one, thanks

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

there are actually three but your only concerned with the green wire one or c valve make sure the valve has current you can touch the top of it with a small screw driver when someone is working the angle switch and it will be magnetized if it has power i would usually replacr the whole valve i have found that if they sit they will kind of freeze up i believe you can rebuild them but i would choose replacement
    if the plow raises when you try to right angle it will be the b valve or the switch it self the switches are inexpensive valves are not cheap

# 1 PLOWTECH WES/MEYER Junior Member

To Give a little more help- 2 coils on top. Front "B" coil is for raise w/ red wire. Behind that is "c" coil for angle right (when energized) w/ green wire. The coil in rear (smaller than the other two) is the "A" coil for lower w/black wire. If you have magnatism to the top of coil when energized, you have established power to the coil. Coil is good and valve is bad. Remove coil and replace valve. It should take you 10 minutes to change. Let us know if you any more problems. Good luck. #1 PT.
  6. Toddppm

Toddppm Member

Thanks i'll try that and let you know what happened
  7. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Typical Meyers.
  8. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

carefull John, Tammy says that we are trying to woo them.
  9. Aspen Snow

Aspen Snow Senior Member

But Dino, he is right.
  10. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I know, that is why I dont own any meyer power packs, but we do run fisher head frames with meyer blades. Except of course for the v plows, which we desperatly need more of.
  11. John Allin

Naw... Tammy isn't trying to woo THEM. And, if I get started on Meyers, we'll be here all night.
  12. GeoffD

Well, i run Diamond and Fisher Plows. As many of you know, meyers owns diamond. Well my Diamond pumps are made by meyer, and i have never had a major problem with any of them, no break downs in a storm either.

13. John Allin

Meyers bought Diamond, henceforth Diamond doesn't have the "Meyers Touch". Diamond is a good plow. But... give 'em time (aw, man, that's bad).
  14. GeoffD

I would say good, is an understatement. I put anyone of my Diamonds up against any other comparable plow. I am willing to bet the Diamond is stronger. Have you ever used a Diamond? I used to plow miles of private roads with them, and they held up very well. However i wouldn't touch a meyer product with a 10' pole. Infact i will tell ya all a little bit of inside info. My Diamond dealer, won't even sell the Meyer V-Plow, and won't even sell a meyer streight blade unless it's one of their 6.5 or 7. He had to start selling Meyer after they bought Diamond, well he don't sell much of meyer at all.

15. John Allin

My point exactly.

We don't have a Diamond dealer around here, but I've seem them up close. I might argue the point abit that Boss makes a good product too. And, their V plow is right up there too.

Not taking away from Diamond - we just don't get much opportunity to see them around here.

I've had some experience with Meyer, and have had some discussions with some meyer people. What the say/said would make alot of people's heads spin. I was shocked at the marketing philosophy. It was, at one point (I don't know if it has changed) alot like razor blades and razors. Bad way to do business, in my humble opinion.

R4W-THUNDER Junior Member

Meyers pump

Hello everyone i just have a quick question.I have a E47 meyers pump and for some reason it is not working i seen there was a guy in here from Erie PA.That is close to me i need to find some place to have my pump rebuilt thats what i was told is wrong with it.So if someone near my area could clue me in on a place to have it rebuilt thanks and maybe tell me if it is that hard to rebuild them i might be able to do it myself thanks...:help: :help: :help:
  17. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

There are places online you can send your pump to have them rebuild it.

I was also curious, maybe dumb question but when those coils energize and they become magnetic I assume that pulls the valve up? I assume that's how these valves work? I'm new to this also and just trying to get a good understanding in case my pump malfunctions in the winter. I've been looking for spare parts just in case.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  18. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

19. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Click on Central Parts Warehouse on the link at the top of the page. The sell repair manuals and have trouble shooting guides right on the site for Meyer pumps.
    Millsupply.com or J-thomas.com are 2 more.
    John Allin has books and CD's on snow plowing and the business of snow and ice removal available in some of the catalogs. The owner of this site has a book also.
    Do a search on the inter-net on snow plow parts & snow plowing. Most places have repair / rebuild service for pumps.
    Keep reading the site, there is a lot of information here.
    We will answer questions but it may be faster to use the search function above to find it in past postings.
  20. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

I have no complaints on any of my Meyer pieces. Nuff said.