1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Plow Wobble

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by valleyviewlawns, Oct 26, 2013.

1. valleyviewlawns

valleyviewlawns Member
    from Montana

7.5' CP on an EZ Classic mount. I have about 4-6 inches of horizontal wobble with this plow. is this normal? should the king bolt be tighter? Or is this just the way this mount functions? It seems like there should be some movement for the plow to follow the ground contour but my plow seems to have more movement then other plows I see in our area.

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Hole is probably wallowed out. Or the bolt. Pull the bolt and check

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

A-frame and sector are most likely worn at king bolt. Had this happen to my st7.5. Drilled the hole bigger and used larger bolt.

4. valleyviewlawns

valleyviewlawns Member
    from Montana

thank you sir I will take a look at that connection. How much wobble is normal?

5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

you may have a broken plate at the bolt also. both my C-8 and C-8.5 had the same thing, and when i took them apart i found the lower plate broke. once welded back together there was no movement at all.

6. valleyviewlawns

valleyviewlawns Member
    from Montana

Finally got to this. Just needed the bolt tightened. No more wobble.

7. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

That may not be the most effective fix. I suspect that your holes *are* bigger than your bolts, tightening it up would definitely help, but didn't actually cure this issue.

In any case, run it if it works ;)

8. valleyviewlawns

valleyviewlawns Member
    from Montana

It could use the next size bolt. Going to run it through the next storm and go from there.