1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Plow wiring on a 02 F150

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ssines, Nov 30, 2011.

1. ssines

ssines Junior Member
    from Ohio

Hey guys, I've never really posted on here, so forgive me if i forget something. I have 02 F150 and i'm trying to install a Meyer 7.5' blade with an E60 pump, that i bought from a guy who had it on a 93 F150. All of the wiring came with the plow, so i think i have everything. I have the pump and lights mounted and i've been trying to get the wiring set up.

Pump Wiring
    I can understand how to wire everything but the wire that goes to the fuse box. Says it's supposed to be connected to a source that has power when the key is on. I just can't figure out what to attach it to. I'm also curious as to where to mount the solenoid. A lot of trucks have space on the side of the engine compartment, but i have the window washer reservoir in the way. There is a vertical space that is kind of behind the radiator that i was thinking of using, but wanted to check before hand.

Lights
    I have Truck-lite style lights and it is saying to tap into the high and low beam wires, and i can't figure out which one is which. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

go to meyers website and look under their parts link as they have all the installation and wiring diagrams for their plows, i would mount thesolenoid anywhere its out of the way but close to the battery and easily accessible just make sure its grounded good, for the lights go to smith brothers plow parts website and they have a wiring diagram for the lights( i would recommend doing it their way as it keeps the plow light seperate from the truck lights so it doesn't give you problems later) and for the key on power pick up a add a fuse at advance or autozone(these things are great). these are the resources i used when installing a plow on my 2500hd and it all went very smoothly. Good Luck