1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Plow Wings are they worth $350.00

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by johnnysnok, Jan 12, 2011.

1. johnnysnok

johnnysnok Member

What are your thoughts if you happen to use the Meyer plow wings. Are they worth the $350.00 plus another $50.00 shipping? Do you like them..Do they save time..Do the pins work well if you want to take them off and on during the day???

Thank You................anyone hapeen to have any photos of the mounting system? I really cant find any upclose shots on Meyers sight.

2. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

Arent buyers wings half of that?

3. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

Central parts usually sells the buyers pro wings for 176.00 for the whole kit....best bang for the buck in my opinion and replacement wings are like 80 bux should you bend one up in a storm....im going to be buying a set very soon to put on a meyer 6.5 tm series

4. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

the meyer set up is 10000 tines better then buyers

CIMG1057.jpg

5. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

i run prowings on all my plows.. 1... 8 ft curtis 2... 7.5 western pro conventional .. 1 meyer 7.5 st series ...i have not had any problems with them they are worth the money if you plow alot and your trying to save time 179.95 at angelos supply..replacement parts are cheap ..i havent seen the meyers wings but i would think their not much different i would like to see up close front and back pictures of them ..

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  6. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

ill get some up close pics they are 100 time stronger then the pro wings just look at the shipping weight

7. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

The buyers wings are $179 and they work good. I am going to get another set for next year.

8. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

i no i get tired of of takeing them off the plows my guys use and bending back straight because they hit curbs and bend them :mad: but if they dont bend something will break ..soon as my daughter gets out of nursing school im going to buy western wide or blizzard erie spicial for my personal truck :drinkup: right now i got 94 1 ton 2 95 3/4 ton 98 heavy half and all abused but all payed for:gunsfiring: run snowex 1075 575 western 1000 spreaders looking for truck craft for my 1 ton it has the truck craft insert have had no luck finding a used i yet... them meyers wings do look different they are probabley better still like to see some close ups .

9. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

The Meyer wings work well in fresh snow, the biggest problem I have with them is cutting open a wind drifted road where the rubber wing blade folds back on harder packed snow. I'd like to try making some poly cutting edges next year.

10. alpine627

alpine627 Junior Member

meyers wings are worth every penny. The biggest difference is that it is a full wing,
    and will hold as much as the blade will.

I purchased a Lot Pro 7'6" and with the wings is unbelievable the time savings. I estimate
    close 50% reduction from a straight blade. I don't even like to use the striaght blade
    anymore. My next plow will be a duplicate setup or super vee