1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Plow value

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by country_boy_200, Feb 16, 2014.

1. country_boy_200

country_boy_200 Junior Member

im looking at a meyer 7.6 tube mount plow for my 88. its a steel blade, good paint in good shape, 3 trip springs, rebuilt e47 with mount and wireing harness. it has the touch pad controller. everything appears to be in good shape. whats it worth?

2. fhafer

fhafer Member

In the Hampton Roads area of Virginia it would fetch about $800.00-$1,000.00 if it's in decent condition. I've seen them as low as $350.00 in deplorable shape up to dreamers asking $2,000.00 for a rig like you described. Location will drive the price as much as condition does. Brick nose and bull nose F-250s with plows are not very rare.

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i just bought pretty much the same setup, only with an E-60 pump for $400.

4. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

$400. Is dirt cheap.

That is a $1200 setup all day long.

5. country_boy_200

ok thanks guys, that's about what I was guessing, I think im going to go take a look at it today.

6. fhafer

fhafer Member

I bought the same rig; E47, ST 7.5 for a 1990 F-250, but mine has the two toggle switch rather than the touch pad. Three years ago it was advertised for $900.00 and I paid $750.00 cash.

7. country_boy_200

well I bought it, I paid 1300 for the plow, wireing harness, touch pad, new plow shoes, new plow marker stick thingys (lol), the mount, the bolts, a spare e 47 complete a spare light bulb, and a set of ford truck service manuals. I don't think I did too bad. paint is pretty good, some rust bubbling that ill need to fix. good hoses, dry cylenders no welds or bends and a god cut edge.

8. fhafer

fhafer Member

It sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Pull the trip springs and test the pivot pins to make sure the sector isn't rusted to the moldboard...then grease it like a cabin boy.

9. country_boy_200

thanks for the advice, I was going to do an oil change in it as well.

10. motormouse172

motormouse172 Member
    from usa

yup! learned that the hard way

11. country_boy_200

hopefully I can get it all mounted next weekend.