1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Plow setup for 99 LD F-250

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MickiRig1, Sep 16, 2008.

1. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I am buying a light duty F-250 in a few days. I want to piece togther a plow setup for it.
    I take it I can still put a classic plow mount on it and use a standard spread 7.5 plow.
    Using this style setup should be do-able? I don't want to drop major dollars right now on a plow.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure can Micki...although Meyer no longer produces the EZ-Classic's there's plenty of new and used mounts out there...especially since the mount for your purchased truck is the same as the '97-'03 F150....lots out there used.

3. MickiRig1

Thanks B & B.
    Thats what I am going to do, used equipment at least for now.
    I did the same thing to setup My bronco-II. The truck side mount here, pump there, referbed blade, new lights from Millsupply.com.
    I know this truck is a bit light duty for the job. But, a great price and 64K on the clock is hard to pass up. It was a leased vehicle so it's clean as hell. I will have to change out the auto hubs too.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No auto hubs to change out Micki....it's IFS.

See your saving money already. :D

5. MickiRig1

I bought the truck Thursday. Bought the "BOOK" for it today. They had the replace the power steering lines and a hose on the A/C system. This truck is almost perfect not a mark on it! The heater is not putting out heat. I think there is a vacuum line off somewhere.
    My plow buddies say it's too nice to put a plow on. Guess I will put some more parts in "The Big Red Drain"