1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer plow removal at end of season.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ACA L&L, Oct 28, 2008.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

I have never owned a meyer before nor have i seen one with my own eyes, but we are buying one this weekend. Looking at them on the internet it seems that there are the bars from the mount left on truck after u remove plow. can those be taken off? so all u have is whats under the front of the truck? We r getting the 8' ag ez mount express.

also anyone have any pics of this plow style. Right on thanks.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can remove the vertical brush guard section for the off season if you remove the four large (3/4") bolts at the bottom where it's attached to the rest of the mount bracing. The remaining pieces of the mount will still be visible and protrude slightly but thats as good as it gets.

You will however have to loosen the other mounting bolts in those remaining mount components in order to slide the the brush guard back in place between them in the fall.

If you do not like the brush guard look why not get the plow with the EZ-plus mounting system instead?

3. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

I just noticed that the express plow had those huge bars on there. U cant really tell becuz all the pics that myer has of em are on black trucks with black front ends. On the other pics its the same truck with a chrome bumber? I guess they think its ugly as well. I will have to see about getting the ez plus system. Thanks. again

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here's a close up pic with the plow on...you can see the rather obtrusiveness of the brush guard even with the plow on.

d0ab_12.jpg

5. btammo

btammo Member

I leave mine on. I take a plastic shroud off for the winter and put it on in the summer and it hides the bars. Not sure if it is the same thing you are talking about or not. The only thing you see on mine in the summer is the push plates .

6. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Got Ya...I guess its a matter of opinion. Waiting to hear back from dealer