1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer plow/rack andcentral hydraulics?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by chevy2500meyer, Jan 16, 2014.

1. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

Im going to be looking at ford f350 dump and it has central hydraulics on it. Both for the plow and a rear spreader. I have never dealt with type of system only with the electric pumps. Is there anything to look for beside the basics(condition,leaks,pump strength). Also can I just get any tailgate spreader within the width of the bed or better off with a vbox? Also the truck has a control panel in the cab (levers and dials). I'm assuming some are for the bed,plow and the dials for the spreader?? Also with this system how easy is maintenance just a filter and drain? Also how does this system work (ie on/off switch) for spreading or more in depth?