1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Plow Question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by hadlock, Mar 14, 2008.

1. hadlock

hadlock Junior Member

I bought on ebay two years ago an old 1992 GMC 3500 truck with a Meyer 7.5 plow and a traditional mount and A-frame (I think). I believe the plow may be a C7.5 since it has 4 springs. I am only using this to plow my driveway and the Moldboard part of the plow recently broke from the A-frame. My friend who is more mechnical than I says that it is very rusted and not worth saving the moldboard. My question is very simple, if I find an old A-frame 7.5 Meyer plow on craiglist is this sure to fit my truck? I am not sure whether these plows come in different frame sizes and if the C7.5 versus ST7.5 is important for fitting onto my truck. I see lots of 7.5 foot Meyer plows on craigslist but I do not know if they are all the same size. Any information would be most appreciated. I am in the Lansing Michigan area. Also, what should I expect to pay for an older plow Moldboard and A-frame in good shape. Thanks!
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The attaching mounts (where you insert the pins) are mostly all the same. There were a few small plows for the down sized truck that used a narrower spacing, as well as some of the very old Jeep designated plows, but most are the same attaching width.

The issue you will need to watch is the length of the A-frame with your conventional mount. It will require a conventional mount A-frame length. The newer EZ mount style plows use a shorter A-frame and will put the plow into the bumper at full angle on a conventional mount equipped truck.

Of course it's always possible to lengthen the A-frame if you have the ability :nod:.
  3. hadlock

hadlock Junior Member

Thanks for the information. I believe my plow may be an EZ mount rather than a conventional mount. I guess I will look on craigslist. Thanks again -- very helpful.