1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer plow question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scenic Lawnscape, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

My plow is angles all the way to the left and i cant get it to go back but when i hit the slick stick i can hear it trying, should i hit it off of a tree and try to loosen it up?? or is there something else i should try?? thanks

2. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

what pump do you have that stick is garbage it messes the pump any good meyers dealer will tell you to speand the extra money and buy the touch pad.let it sit for a little bit then try again ifstill doesnt work try the tree.if not than you have to replace one of those cartriges(blocks)i forget which one.
  3. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

Try pushing on something solid while angling right if that does not fix the problem then check to make sure couplers are plugged in all the way and are good and then replace the "C" solenoid (green wire).
  4. BigDawg

BigDawg Member

The tree is not gonna work, its a sticky valve. Loosen up the coupler for the left angle and blled the air out. You should hear a click. Tighten the coupler back up and try it again. It will stick again, but you should hear a click soon after, it should get better and better. I think it comes down to a piece of dirt stuck in the valve.Keep working it back and forth. I had the same problem and did this and it work 100% now.
  5. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

So the slick sticks are junk? I think those touchpads are junk....
  6. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

there are more problems with the sticks its just a proven fact
  7. BigDawg

BigDawg Member

I am a fan of the touchpad. I mount mine right to my door and rest my hand on it. Plow in comfort, thats my motto :drinkup:
  8. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

you gotta a picture of that mount you can post ???

thanks buddy :waving:
  9. junk

junk Junior Member
    from Iowa

My blade does the same thing only maybe the other direction. I think I have it nailed down on mine to a bad coupler. I think when I angle too far it builds up pressure taking the slop out of the coupler letting the little ball fall back locking the pressure in. When i pull the coupler apart the ball is rock solid. I take a big pair of channel locks to push the ball back in and relieve the pressure. Then I plug the coupler back on and everything works great. Now all I need to do is pick up some new couplers and pray the old ones will come off.

10. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

its a sticky valve

is this the valve thats on the cylinder??
  11. BigDawg

BigDawg Member

Eyesell, if i have a chance on Friday I will post a couple picks.
  12. kawdude

kawdude Senior Member

slick stick touch pad blahblhah My cable op western works flawlessly!:D
  13. Foxfire

Foxfire Senior Member

Angle ???

Hello to everyone, I had the same problem. My blade would not move to the right so I put it against a tree, I just kept working the angle back in forth, Thought it fixed the problem WRONG !!! the next problem was that the blade kept getting stuck to the left, so after a long process I replaced the pump, My plow now works like a new one....... GOOD LUCK !!!
  14. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Check this first. Make sure the switch is connected well to the harness in the truck. Bad connection will cause weird things.

If you haven't gotten fixed yet. Try this. Take the green coil off. Unscrew the valve. Look at the lower portion. There should be a total of 6 O-rings in 2s. Make sure all these are in good order. If not, you'll need to replace them.

Now look at the bottom of the valve. There will be a hole. May be small, may be large. Find something to insert into hole. I use a drill bit. Insert and push against something solid. The inner valve should move back and forth. If you cannot get it to move, push a little harder. If it finally moves, coat with some hydro oil and then blow off with air being careful NOT to blow off the O-rings. Insert back into pump and reassemble.

Try the plow.

Pushing against a tree will usually only tell you that the cylinders arn't bent and the blade is moving freely.