1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer plow pump noise question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by rosswidebeef, Dec 23, 2009.

1. rosswidebeef

rosswidebeef Member

So I got a Meyer plow pump for $50 and it works great and all. Keep in mind its very old. It only has a manual pressure release on the front. But while lifting it sounds like an air hammer In the truck. Normal noise or no?

2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

I'm thinking no......sounds like your lift cylinder is binding......if its been sitting, the shaft and cylinder could be rusted. I would take it out and clean it, not a big job.

3. rosswidebeef

rosswidebeef Member

Sounds good there is no numbers on the pump any suggestions on finding directions

4. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  5. rosswidebeef

rosswidebeef Member

Sideways btw

6. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

7. rosswidebeef

rosswidebeef Member

If I where to let it go for a week and continue using it What would my consequences be?

8. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Hard to say...it may tear up the bottom seal....but, they are only about $10........

9. rosswidebeef

rosswidebeef Member

Sounds good its been sitting for years

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You have an OLD T5-T6 series pump. And it's working as it's supposed to. The "hammering" during lift is how they were.

11. rosswidebeef

rosswidebeef Member

Sounds cool can you give me anymore background on these

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Believe it or not there's still some paperwork floating around for the old T series pumps. Have a look here: T series

Unfortunately replacement parts are a tough find. Which is one reason guys who still run them buy up complete units when they find them.