1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer plow power angle problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by xbones14, Oct 24, 2008.

1. xbones14

xbones14 Junior Member

I have an E-47 meyer plow unit that will not angle. The raise and lower works fine and recently changed the filter and fluids. I can hear the solenoid or motor activate when using the angle switch but no movement. I would think it may be a bent ram? I just bought the truck and plow so I am not very knowledgeable on troubleshooting. Any assistance would be appreciated. I was going to take it into the shop but would rather fix it myself if it is simple. Any assistance would be appreciated.

2. alleghenypaving

alleghenypaving Member

xbones, i would first check your fluid level in the pump itself.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is the blade stuck all the way one way or the other?

4. xbones14

xbones14 Junior Member

myer plow problem

The fluid level has been changed and is full. The plow is stuck to the right and will not move even with force.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Disconnect the hoses from the pump and connect them together. Can you then angle the blade manually? May take some force but it should.

6. xbones14

xbones14 Junior Member

plow problem

If I DC the hoses and move the plow, then what? Is the ram bent, other? What should I look for? Thanks

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it can be angled with the hoses disconnected from the pump, that tells you that you either have a quick coupler problem (very common) or a hydro issue in the pump.

If it still wont angle woth the hoses connected together then you either have a mechanical/binding issue with the plow itself or one of the plow side quick couplers are bad.

8. snowplower82

snowplower82 Junior Member

my guess is that the green solenoid is crap. try changing that