1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer plow paint

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chevykid, Feb 14, 2008.

1. chevykid

chevykid Member

has anyone used the paint from meyer how has it been
  2. bigpaw64

bigpaw64 Junior Member

meyers paint

i have used it and i like it----goes on nice---looks great and fairly durable
  3. JerseySnow

JerseySnow Junior Member
    from 908

I like it also prime it with the white primer first
  4. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

I don't like it at all. I painted my plow this year and after 6 storms its almost all off.
  5. bigpaw64

bigpaw64 Junior Member

did you do proper prep and prime???
  6. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

We use it on all our rebuilt plows it is not cheap but we have not found anything that works as good leaves a real nice coat, we roll it on with the mini rollers so it gets thick.
  7. shivdor

shivdor Junior Member

I bought the paint for Stork's Auto and like he said painted it on with a mini roller and then covered everything with a clear coat finish and my plowed survived the entire winter in eastern PA without any paint peeling off. Was very impressed. I have a half mile stone driveway so it took some considerable abuse.
  8. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

I got it blasted, then used self etch primer and painted with meyer paint.
  9. 100InchHammer

100InchHammer Member

I prefer to apply metalizing first then cover with 2-3 coats of your choice of paint. PM or post any questions here.