1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer plow only operates in park

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dave 11, Jan 5, 2010.

1. dave 11

dave 11 Junior Member

I have a meyer plow. It worked fine yesterday. Today it will only operate when my truck is in park. If I try and move it up/down, left or right it does not move when the truck is in gear. When I am in park it works fine, but is sure takes a long time to plow doing this!
  2. Rickslawn

Rickslawn Junior Member
    from midwest

I dont have a clue, but would like to know what you found out

3. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

Only thing I can think of is the shift linkage pulling on the wiring under the dash.
  4. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

Is this a meyer express plow ?
  5. dave 11

dave 11 Junior Member

The wire to the controller was getting pinched between the steering column and shift lever.
  6. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

Good chance it damaged the wiring and will cause problems in the future... I'd inspect it closely and keep it in mind if things quit working down the road
  7. Reliable Snow and Ice

Reliable Snow and Ice Senior Member

it could be how the power wire is ran... from the control that is... check that first