1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer plow mounts for a Dodge??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Arnie, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Arnie

Arnie Junior Member

I have a '79 Meyers plow on a '79 Ford F250. Plow works great. Truck runs but is about to fall apart. I just got a '97 Dodge Ram 2500 with only 32,000 miles. What do I need to do to appropriately mount the Meyers plow on the Dodge?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Its barely worth the time or expense to transfer that old of a plow to a truck that new Arnie as the only thing you'll be able to reuse "as is" is the blade itself.

You'd need to purchase everything else, updated style mount (EZ classic, EZ-plus for example), lights, light wiring, A-frame, lift frame etc to be compatible to your newer truck...and it all gets more expensive than simply purchasing a used newer style plow for the application.

3. Arnie

Arnie Junior Member

Thanks...I was afraid that might be the case.

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Watch the used auto parts section of your local news paper. People are starting to sell equipment.

5. lcars

lcars Junior Member

Arnie,

South Central PA huh? Try Storks Plow and Jeep parts in Bernville east of Harrisburg and about 10 miles NE of Reading. You may be able to pickup what you need from them. Huge inventory. They also list some items on eBay:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/plow_...sZ1QQsacatZQ2d1QQsaobfmtsZinsifQQsassZonejeen

GM Muscle Car Parts of PA is also another one in Hooversville.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/plow_W0QQfromZR40QQfrtsZ400QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ11QQsbrsrtZd

Too far for me to drive and plows and parts in my area are very scarce and more expensive.

6. Arnie

Arnie Junior Member

Thanks for the suggestion.

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i have seen both sites of theres. if you ask me gm muscle has prices threw the roof.

8. zebebad

zebebad Junior Member

I agree those prices are way too high