1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Plow Mounting Carton Straps!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Pushin4U, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

Hey guys... I have a Meyer EZ Classic Mounting System and I need a few parts to complete the install, thought I would turn to here and see if anybody has what I am looking for. I need the Right Hand and Left Hand straps for Meyer Mounting Carton # 17089. Its for a 88-98 Chevy k1500 4x4 truck. The right hand strap number is; 11542 and the left strap is meyer part number 11263. Let me know if anybody does. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  2. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

Can you post up a picture or steal something online to post up?

3. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

1st pic is the left side and the 2nd pic is the right side

lh.jpg

rh.jpg

4. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

There's no need to buy those. Find your local metal recycler and find yourself a little bit of flat bar. Cost you about $1-$2 for that much.

Tools you need are;
    - grinder,
    - drill,
    - Big vise,
    - pipe wrench,
    - 6 foot piece of 2" pipe (or similar) to increase leverage on the pipe wrench (put it over the handle).

Cut your two pieces out (looks like 3/8" x 2" flat bar), grind out the notch in the one, drill holes. Clamp the piece that needs the "S" bend into the vise at the point you need the bend, pipe wrench on it, pipe on pipe wrench, bend. Repeat for second bend.

5. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

All I have is a Hammer and a Screwdriver.

6. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Time for a trip to home depot?
    Nice thing about buying tools is that they're productive, so you don't have to feel bad about it and can explain them away to your wife.