1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer plow lights install

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by spider21, Nov 30, 2011.

1. spider21

spider21 Junior Member

Installing old style square headlights on a 2000 blazer. I already routed the wires to the passenger side headlight under the battery tray. I know how to wire the diagram but my question is can you start wiring from the passenger side? I think the harness from the car starts at the driver side and daisy chains to the passenger side. I am not sure if I cut the harness from the passenger side the driver side might stay lit when the power cuts and goes to the plow lights?
  2. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

All depends on how you are wiring it......I would recommend only tapping into the headlight harness for a signal to turn on a relay feeding the plow lights at the right time.......don't try to feed your plow lights power from your headlight circuit or you'll end up with a gooey shorted out mess.