1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Plow Light Plugs

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CT18fireman, Feb 4, 2003.

1. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I have a set of the old style Meyer lights, made by ATL, along with the harness. I need to replace the plugs on the lights into the harness. It is a five pin but looks like a 6 pin on the outside. Can these be sourced somewhere? I have tried my usual sources with no luck. I am looking for the plug with a small amount of wire that I could splice into the wiring.

2. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I've seen them here & there at auto parts stores in the past, but they're definitely not a common type that every place stocks. Could actually try Radio Shack or similar type place also. If worse comes to worse, you can use any water tight 5 pin plug that you can find, you would just have to replace the harness side too.

3. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

I bought them from a local dealer around hear, I think they were like $25 ea.:eek:

4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Think I will just swap them for something else.

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

Replace them with Weatherpack connectors.Available just about anywhere,in many types and sizes,easy to install and waterproof,so no corrosion.

I wouldn't recommend using a plug with wires already attached,as by the time you splice it in you now have made more connections,so more potential for failure or bad connections.

6. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Common problem. Pigtails with plugs are avail from trucklight distributors but are costyl. Usually buy NAPA 6wire plugs and rewire both sides of the meyer harness using heat shrink butt connectors. Know what Chris is saying about more con's but the heat shrink conn's seem to work well.

7. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

Looking thru my old papers from my 1991 K1500, no longer have the vehicle but I have a problem when it comes to throwing things away (pack rat). Anyway, I had those lights on that truck and according to the installation instructions the Meyer part number is 07977 for a replacement harness attaching to the light with plug. I just don't know if it is still available from Meyer.

8. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I have to repalce the light side. I was hoping to get the plug with enough wire to go right into the light housing and make the connections inside. I seem to remember this was available but have been unable to find. If necessary I will go a different route. I want to be able to unpug and remove the lights in the summer though.

9. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

This 07977 is the harness that attaches to the light. It has a plug on one end and the other end goes into the light and attaches to the plow light and plow signal bulb.

10. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

11. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

CT, Got off the phone with a supplier today. Will have 6 light side and 6 truck side replacement harnesses by Monday. The light side goes all the way into the light Bucket. One style requires splicing the turn/run light wire in the bucket the other includes the connector ends. The truck side includes butt connectors. Price is $17.00per light side and $12.00 per truck side.

Would have ordered more but thats all they had on hand. Guys here are forgetting to use dielectric grease and are starting to have alot of corroded pins.

Good luck on yours and call if you want me to send you one. Jerre