1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer plow leaking down st90 belt hydr.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cbr9joe, Dec 12, 2006.

1. cbr9joe

cbr9joe Junior Member
    from ohio

Hello,
    I have a problem with a plow truck that I have bought. First is that it is a old belt driven hydr. unit and parts are hard to find. Second, the plow works great except for the plow will slowly leak down. I know very little about plows and their mechanical parts so I am looking for any info out there. I have been told by different people all I need to do is rebuild the lift cylinder and flush the system. I have located a guy on ebay who has (supposedly) the parts for the rebuilding, but can anyone tell me how to flush and rebuild? Also one person told me the problem might be in the trip valve??? What is this, where is this and is it fixable? I have contacted my local meyer dealer and they did not have any repair manuels nor could they get any.
    Thankyou
    cbr9joe

2. aus316

aus316 Member

Go to meyers website and down load your info u need there are lots of info and manuals there for download and a trouble shooting section and all 4 free xysport as far as drain and fill some where u have a drain and u will need to have at least 3 bottles of good ole meyers blue good luck:gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:

3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

If you have fluid leaking from your lift ram, then it needs rebuilt. If not then the the problem is probably with the control valve under the hood. Follow the cables through the firewall to the control valve. It could be an adjustment problem with the cables. If not then you will need to disassemble the valve and repair the o-rings. I have no idea where to get a kit, but a hydraulic repair shop should be able to hook you up with o-rings.

4. cbr9joe

cbr9joe Junior Member
    from ohio

thank you for the info. I think I will try and rebuild the lift cylinder and see what happens.