1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer plow just stopped working

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by veedubfan, Jan 23, 2012.

1. veedubfan

veedubfan Junior Member

i was plowing over the weekend and i was clearing a driveway. i lowered the blade and started to work. i went to back out of the driveway and raise the blade and it wouldnt come up or angle in either direction. i cant seem to figure out why it isnt working. i checked the controls and the lights come on when plugged in so im thinking its something other then the controller being burnt out. i was wandering if anyone had any ideas on what else i could check out before i start spending a fortune to have it fixed. thanks for your help.
  2. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

Does the controller light up I've had wires kink up and stop working till I straighten. I have also had problems with the controller wire that is connected to the fuse box for keyed on off come loose and make a bad connection. Can you jump the solenoid under the hood.
  3. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

Go to the Meyer site and find the troubleshooting charts. I reccomend downloading the manual and printing a copy to keep with you when you plow, along with a test light and some electrical repair tools.
  4. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

Most likely your pump motor isnt running, usually a bad connection at the battery, solenoid, or motor.