1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Plow gets stuck at full right angle sometimes???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by westernmdlawn, Jan 30, 2005.

1. westernmdlawn

westernmdlawn Member

Hey All... Had a quick question for the guru's here. My meyer plow very frequently gets stuck at the all the way right angle position. Sometimes I have to drive up to a telephone pole and push left angle with the truck on the pole and hit the left angle button simultaneously to get it unstuck. Once unstuck, it continues to work. There is nothing binding in the angle action by the cylinder. Could it be possible that it is low on oil? Where do I check the hyd. fluid level. It is an E-60 I believe, not sure the exact number but I know it is not an E-47, but bigger. Is the oil fill the little bolt on the top of the lift cylinder? Or could it be a bad solenoid? I hear it "clicking" when I hit the button and still it doesn't move, also the motor comes on too. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Also - I have a 1994 Arctic Cat Wildcat 700 EFI snowmobile for sale in Western Maryland 21532. It is in excellent shape and runs great. Email me at: westernmdlawn@hotmail.com Or PM me here. I need $1800 for it.
  2. wickedcarpenter

wickedcarpenter Member

You have ice build up inside or it's the female coupler (quick connect fitting)
  3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I'm with brent, more than likely a coupler. Just make sure that when you change them, you do it as a set and use the "ball" type couplers not the "pin" type.
  4. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

It is probably the green wire solenoid, i had that same problem, we thought it was the cylinder too, changed it, and sure enough it wasnt the problem. You might want to get the whole assembly. We changed it and our problem was gone. go to www.angelos-supplies.com, they have them for like $60, i went to the local store and it cost me 125
  5. shadowmaker1969

shadowmaker1969 Junior Member
    from va

Have you tried changing the "c" solenoid? That is a common problem. Also, when mine sits over the summer its almost always stuck the first time. You can try taking the solenoid out and cleaning it with kerosene.

6. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

sometimes sticks

Look at sector and see if it is moving away from the A frame. When the hole in the 2 mounting plates on the A frame wears to the front, and that is how it wears the plow will start to lock. Two ways to fix this. The first and best is to get new A frame or make new plates and weld on to A frame. I have seen people put a 1/4 inch thick plate on the angle stop so the plow will not angle to left or right to far. This sticking to side will only happen when full left or right. When it happens next time look at the angle of the ram is it trying to push the plow straight forward or is there a small distance that will allow the plow to angle back the other way. This can be a mechanical problem not a hyd. problem.
  7. westernmdlawn

westernmdlawn Member

Thanks guys... I will definitely check into this stuff. I'll post back later when I figure out what it is. Thanks Again!!! No takers on my sled ???
  8. cowboyway37

cowboyway37 Junior Member

The quick connect is going bad...........