1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer plow for a 1999 F-250LD

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MickiRig1, Jan 7, 2010.

1. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have a 99 F-250 light duty 5.4 Auto, girlie (dial) 4x4 shift system. Meyer says it needs a MD II for a plow. My questions are: The mount is the MD II and not the plow? I can put the MD II mount on and use a regular full size spread plow? Regular lights? it has no DLR lights.The Big Red Drain is, I fear one or two events from being done!
    It has too many issues to repair or deal with. The frame is getting too thin too.
  2. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

The mount, lift frame and a-frame are specific to the MDII setup. You will also need an H pump, i.e. E47H, E60H, E57H, etc. Night saber lights are easier to hook up, although you could make the older style lights work with some cutting and splicing.
  3. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

You can use the classic mount also. I had one on a '99 F150. It worked fine and I am sure the F250LD would be even better.