1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer plow E-47 won't go down

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by plowN2long, Nov 23, 2005.

1. plowN2long

plowN2long Junior Member

Ok - new here -need some advise- hooked up my meyer plow to my ford today and it won't go down. The lift unit was rebuilt several weeks ago by a good shop in the area. When angled it goes to the left when the switch is pushed to the right-thinking they reversed the solenoid somehow? Before I bring it back to them any ideas? Thanks
  2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Explane further please, with the plow hooked up it will not go down? Or are you saying is without the plow hooked up it will not go down. Cause I know sometimes it can take some weight to get it to go down....Rob
  3. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

you might want to take it back to where you had it repaired , something dont sond right with that PA block assembly
  4. genrock

genrock Member

So the plow wont go down not familiar with meyer but they probably have the locknut on too tight loosen the nut and tighten 1/4 turn after the nut meets with the packing. As far as side to side they may just have the hoses installed backwards. Hmm now that I think of it sounds crazy but is your joystick upside down lol.
  5. plowN2long

plowN2long Junior Member

E47 wont go down

Thanks for the replys all-took it back to the shop-that rebuilt it-he thinks the A soleniod is bad-he thought mine was ok-and said it tested ok- but said it was very tough to get out when he took the unit apart.-still have not figured out the angle thing yet. This is my first meyer plow-all others Westerns. This is on a 1979 Ford F150 that has been around my friends family for years-89,000 orig miles- rusty- but starts right up and pushes with the best of them.Thanks again for the help. I will keep you posted on the angle thing.
  6. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

maybe you have the wires mixed up for the angle

I had my meyer rebuilt a few years ago, apparantly when you tell them to "replace everything so I dont have any surprises in the middle of a storm" they dont think you mean the coils too :realmad:
  7. plowN2long

plowN2long Junior Member

E47 won't go down

I know what you mean- I think he was trying to save me some money-as it is an old truck- but I would rather spend it now then when its 10 deg. and snowing like hell. I should have it back tue-wed of this week. The angle thing has me though as the wires on the switch are in a block. I have to get hold of my friend to see if it has always been like this- of course he is away for a few weeks. going to try and jump the wires and see what happens.
  8. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Try this first hit the down switch or float and see if a wrench or screwdriver sticks to the sol if it does then the sol coil works if it does then the sol valve is stuck. If not then you need to get 12 volts to the coil. Try cpw web site and look for the litt link for the digrams ...