1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Plow Conversion

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by machine, Nov 8, 2000.

1. machine

machine Junior Member

I want to run a wider plow like 7.5' to 8' on my 93 Bronco. Currently I upgraded the mounts last year to the Meyer pull out model but I still have an old 2 metter on it now. It is to small. I was wondering if I could use the old 2m A-fame, cylinders, and E-47 with a new or used 7.5 to 8' Blade.
  2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

With a full trip plow, it is easy to upgrade. Go to your local welder, tell him you want a wider blade, and spring mounts to add extra springs. The cost will be cheaper, then a new moldboard.

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I believe that they are the same pin mounting pattern, and the e-47 will turn and lift that plow. Stay with the 7.5, the 8' will be to much plow for that truck. The angle cyl should work as well.
  4. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Or, install a set of the prowings (= or - $200.00) on the 7.5 to get 20" more, or 10" if you just have one on at a time. With the money you saved by not buying a new mold board, buy an E-60 pump & keep the E-47 for a spare while you're at it.